The Hollandse Club
The Hollandse Club is an international social sports and recreation Club. Founded in 1908 for the Dutch community in Singapore, today it offers an unpretentious environment where many families from different nationalities meet, have fun, relax and exercise. You will work in a dynamic and multi-cultural work environment with an international group of colleagues.
You will report directly to the General Manager.
The Facilities Manager has the following responsibilities. He/she:
Maintenance & Housekeeping
- Will develop and is responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of Club buildings and grounds.
- Ensures that Club premise meets health and safety standards and legal requirements.
- Manages the Facility departments of the Club, being Housekeeping, Maintenance and Health, Safety and Security.
- Is responsible for smooth and customer friendly day to day collaboration with both internal stakeholders and outsourced vendors to Facility departments.
- Develops POMEC budget and projects cash needs against requirements for the Facility departments.
- Analyzes POMEC costs and actual performance compared to the POMEC budget.
- Is responsible for development and successful execution of the Club’s Facilities plan.
- Manages, analyses, reports and presents the Facilities Club dashboard.
- Initiates, monitors and implements progress of agreed actionable items and corrective actions identified ensuring optimized member and customer experience.
- Is responsible for Facilities team’s performance and efficiency.
- Ensures clear documentation of SOP’s across the Facilities department.
- Provides strategies to maintain the Club’s upkeep.
- Advises on renovation, upgrading activities.
- Is highly visible to both members and staff, and listens to their input, praise and criticism.
- Assists in designing and execution of MC-initiatives and programs.
- Collaborates with all departments and Members to reach club objectives.
People Management & Development
- Enables competency development and capability building within the Facilities team.
- Is responsible for the performance of the Facilities team.
- Is responsible to imbibe the Club’s culture & vision amongst the Facilities team members.
- Preferably candidate has qualifications in Hospitality Management / Facilities Management.
- At least 8 year(s) of proven track record of Facilities Management in clubs /hospitality environment.
- Candidate must possess strong leadership and people management skills.
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
- Must have the ability to adapt to change, be flexible and empathetic.
- Demonstrated initiative – ability to think, work, and make independent decisions based on sound judgment.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Must be willing to work in the evenings and weekends.
- This application is open until 8 January 2019.
- If you are keen to join our team, email your detailed CV and motivation to the General Manager of the Hollandse Club via [email protected]
- Please contact GM if you are a Club member and wish to apply for this position to discuss consequences for your membership.
- Within your application, clearly state your citizenship.
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
- Short-listed applicants will be invited for an interview on Friday 18 January 2019. To those applicants not short-listed, we extend our appreciation for considering the Hollandse Club as a potential employer.