The Hollandse Club
The Hollandse Club is an international sports and recreation Club. Founded in 1908 for the Dutch community in Singapore, today it offers an unpretentious environment where many families from different nationalities meet, have fun, relax and exercise. You will work in a dynamic and multi-cultural work environment with an international group of colleagues.
Our very popular coaching program is looking for a part-time tennis professional for 15 to 30 hours per week.
You will be part of the Sports & Events Team and report directly to the Director of Tennis.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Provides competent tennis instruction for all groups and levels of players
- Helps with junior development programme
- Coordinates junior clinics and matches
- Strings racquets and provides knowledgeable recommendations to members about their string and equipment
- Represents the club in a professional manner
- Promotes the safety and security of all participants at all times
- Maintains a notable visual presence during your shifts
- When necessary, communicates program policies and expectations members and/or guests to ensure a high level of safety and service at all times
- Works directly with the clubs Team to efficiently maintain the highest standard of cleanliness throughout the facility while providing outstanding customer service to all children and parents
- Arrives to work in a timely manner with enough time to prepare for your scheduled shift and/or lessons
- Greets members and guests as they arrive and leave the program
- Performs the Essential Functions and Responsibilities as described (other duties may be assigned)
- Wears proper uniform at all times while at work and always presents the clubs brand and standard anytime and anywhere the club’s uniform is worn
- Attends departmental meetings and any other meetings as requested
- If not already certified, attends CPR and First Aid training provided by club and maintains current CPR/FA certification for the duration of employment
- Club cleanliness is an all-team responsibility; helps whenever necessary in any area of the club to keep club neat and clean
- Helps with club programs, special events, or activities outside department
- When supervisor or team members call or email, promptly returns contact
- Exhibits a positive attitude at all times and upholds club values of teamwork, customer service, and engagement
- Tennis Coaching Qualification & 5 years’ Experience teaching tennis lessons.
- Experience with tennis youth programming and/or summer camp programs highly desired
- Able to work varied shifts, including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Willing and able to work additional hours based on the needs of the program
- Must have a genuine interest in working with and interacting with children and adults of all skill levels
- Must be able to fully participate in all tennis activities (programs and/or lessons)
- Current CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications a plus
- Able to motivate and inspire participants while teaching a safe and effective class
- Must enjoy working in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Safety and customer service oriented
- Highly dependable and prompt
Please note that Club members and their families are excluded from applying for this position.
- Negotiable according to qualifications and experience.
- Club Members and their families are excluded from applying for this position
- Only Singaporean citizens, permanent residents and dependant pass holders are eligible to apply
If you are keen to join our dynamic team email your detailed CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org