Commercial Affairs Manager
The Hollandse Club
The Hollandse Club is an international sports and recreation Club. Founded in 1908 for the Dutch community in Singapore, today it offers an unpretentious environment where many families from different nationalities meet, have fun, relax and exercise. You will work in a dynamic and multi-cultural work environment with an international group of colleagues.
As Commercial Affairs Manager, you will be required to build the market position of the Club by identifying, developing, defining, negotiating, and building business relationships. You will be the front of the Club and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy with the goal to drive a sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients and members of the Club. You will be part of the Management Team and report directly to the General Manager.
- Is responsible for overall satisfactory revenue generation for the services and products of the Hollandse Club.
- Leads all sales initiatives and drive detailed account strategies to achieve sales goals.
- Identifies, proposes and drives new business leads by contacting potential partners, discovering and exploring opportunities and forming profitable commercial relationships for the Hollandse Club.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential and financials, evaluating options, resolving internal priorities, and executing long term mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Maintains profitable commercial relationships with existing members, and guests and continues to roll out new initiatives to drive engagement.
- Structures winning proposals and develop successful marketing strategies to sell the services and products of the Hollandse Club.
- Provides strategic and tactical client service to complex and high touch clients including managing client relationships through all stages of the client life cycle.
- Develops and is responsible for the successful execution of the Club’s CA plan.
- Analyses, reports and presents sales performance both to MT & MC regularly.
- Develops sales budget and projects cash needs against department requirements.
- Analyzes Sales costs and actual performance compared to the budget.
- Is responsible for CA team’s expectation and efficiency.
- Ensures clear documentation of SOP’s across the department.
- Provides marketing strategies to maintain the Club’s Members Centric Vision.
- Produces and gives convincing presentations both to external and internal stakeholders.
- Represents the Club at public relations gatherings and events.
- Is highly visible to both members and staff, and listens to their input, praise and criticism.
- Assists in designing and execution of MC-initiatives and programs.
- Collaborates with all departments and Members to reach Club objectives.
People Management & Development
- Enables competency development and capability building within the CA team.
- Is responsible for the performance of the CA department.
- Is responsible to imbibe the Club’s culture & vision amongst the CA department team members.
- Successful candidate has preferably qualifications in Hospitality Management (Marketing/International Business).
- Proven working experience as a business development manager, sales executive or a relevant role with a proven sales track record.
- At least 10 year(s) of proven track record of increasing sales and profitability
- Prior work experience in hospitality environment is preferred.
- Candidate must possess strong leadership, people and project management skills.
- Pro-active, self-motivated and a strategic thinker who is able to meet and exceed sales targets and expectations.
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player who can balance multiple priorities and assignments.
- Has a hands-on attitude and able to hit the ground running.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal is needed for daily communication with an international member base.
- Must be willing to work during evenings and weekends.
If you are keen to join our dynamic team, email your detailed CV and motivation to the attention of the General Manager of the Hollandse Club at [email protected] .
Do you know anybody who fits this position like a glove? If your recommended candidate get the position, you receive a SGD200 Jaxs’ Bistro & Pizzeria dinner voucher!
For Club members interested in this position, please contact the General Manager for details and consequences for membership.
Within your application, clearly state your citizenship. We are unable to support any S Pass applications, therefore only apply for this position if you have the right to work in Singapore. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested.
Only short-listed applicants will be invited to interview. To those applicants not short-listed, we extend our appreciation for considering the Hollandse Club as a potential employer.